Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Detox Plan

It's time!

We made it through 2nd year naturopathic medical school - the year you hear about from day 1.
"Shell shocked" comes to mind.

Now it's time for some body & mind work. I'm going to be studying 7-12 hours a day for the board exam this summer, but this brings something to the plate.

It's never a good time to change the way you live.

It's not a good time to quit coffee - are you nuts? I've got deadlines. It's not a good time to get more sleep - too busy. Chocolate, candy and pastries are my coping devices; I can't drop those at a time like this! ...but I could say that at any given point in my life because I choose to live with my deadlines. Maybe it is true for you too.

So, we started... well, I half started and Ody called me out. He says if we're going to do it, we should "go hardcore". This is true because if the rules are already bent, it's really easy to bend them further.



First - the Elimination Diet:

Designed to eliminate all possible allergens and inflammatory inducing foods. Epilepsy, allergies, asthma and eczema are all inflammatory conditions. Some may argue about epilepsy because we don't know much about the brain. Great topic to induce intelligent people to squabble like 4 year olds. Reducing inflammation makes you feel more energetic and decreases symptoms of all sorts. I'd say that's important.

I read the list to Ody - I decided to list the "have-nots" first:

  1. Gluten containing grains: wheat, oats, barely, rye, spelt, kamut (last one isn't hard to cut!)
  2. Dairy Products: milk, cheese, yogurt, cream, butter, etc
  3. Eggs & egg substitutes (RIGHT after I bought eggs)
  4. Corn & corn products
  5. Processed meats or meats not organic/hormone free
  6. Shellfish & farm raised fish
  7. Soy products
  8. Citrus fruits, strawberries, pineapple & others you're sensitive to
  9. Peanuts & peanut butter
  10. Partially hydrogenated oils (vegetable shortening & margarine), Refined vegetable oils, (corn, safflower, sunflower, canola, lite olive oil)
  11. Artificial colorings, flavorings, sugars and sweeteners; high fructose corn syrup and foods and beverages high in sugar
  12. Any foods high in preservatives, chemicals or antibiotics
  13. Alcohol, caffeine
O.k., that pretty much takes you down to roots and grass, right? Here's what we can eat:


  1. Brown rice, vermicelli, rice crackers and products, millet, quinoa, amaranth (?), baked sweet potatoes.
  2. Legumes, (no soy), like kidney & navy beans, peas, lentils
  3. Rice or nut milks
  4. Fresh organic vegetables & juices (no corn) Best for your liver detox: cabbage, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, asparagus & broccoli.
  5. Organic, free range (pesticide & hormone free), meat sources and wild fish like salmon or halibut
  6. Fresh organic fruits, (except for the no-no list)
  7. Almonds, raw pumpkin seeds, walnuts, cashews, nut butters - except if you're allergic or think you might be
  8. Unrefined extra virgin olive oil, flaxseed oil and sesame oil
  9. 8 or more 8oz glasses of water each day
  10. Decaf tea (organic) is o.k.
"Meats are best grilled, sauteed or baked"
I'd add "poached" to the list and say that grilling should be done minimally as red meat creates carcinogens when it is burned. Pink always made me nervous, but I learned this year that it's better then well-done.

"Vegetables should be steamed, sauteed or eaten raw"
Great way to eat them, we've found, is with hummus. Serious hummus action.

After a month, foods can be added in every 2-3 days to see how you handle it. It's much less expensive than allergy testing. You know your body & allergy tests can be wrong.

We're also doing 45 minute castor oil packs at night & exercising/stretching.

The above is a great way to start and is less expensive than adding the supplements. Supplements are also controversial because you'd think your body can handle detox on it's own given the right food. I'm doing it for a few weeks & going back to the diet.



Supplements:

Pure encapsulations: ClearDetox
This has some great herbs like milk thistle, artichoke, tumeric, greater celandine & barberry. It also has a blend of nutrients including magnesium and amino acids. A blend of glutathione, n-acetyl-cysteine, alpha lipoic acid and methylsulfonylmethane are included. These are necessary for the phase I and II detoxification pathways. Phase II is the one inhibited by alcohol, so beer and wine are out of the picture.
Taken with breakfast and lunch. * I take it an hour or so after my anticonvulsants * I add walnuts, berries, melon, banana, cod liver oil and bee pollen. Crazy mix - goin' all out.

Omnivite
You know a good vitamin when it comes in capsules and you have to take 3 at a time. Packing it into one pill makes things biologically unavailable and processed. No iron - Ody has no way to get rid of it like menstruating females do & it can do a lot of damage.

Probiotics
Essential for great gut flora. 80% of your immune system is in your gut. It's a good thing to supply healthy bacteria to coexist with it. They make vitamins and crowd out the bugs that make you sick.

Folic acid
My anticonvulsants boot folic acid from it's spot. Supplementing boots it back.

Milk Thistle & Dandelion capsules
For before bed when our livers really get to work.

Whew!
That's enough for now. Yesterday I had a CRAZY headache. Maybe it's the lack of caffeine? It's an experiment.

8 comments:

  1. This is an excellent Resource.

    Thank You.
    NC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOW I GOT CURED FROM MY HIV/HPV VIRUS) CURING HERPES IN FEW DAYS.

      I was diagnosed of HSV 1&2 in 2012 and I have tried all possible means to get cured but all to no avail, i used vaccines and oils etc but i was not cured, the symptoms just leave for few weeks and come back again more severe. it continued this way until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal doctor from West Africa Dr.Chukwu who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including herpes simplex virus. At first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try, when i contact this herbal doctor via his email: dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com, he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me via courier service, when i received this herbal medicine after 4 days, he gave me instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, started noticing good changes in me from the first 8 days of applying it and i was cured of this hsv1& 2 within total 3 weeks of usage. I am now free from the virus, i was tested negative. He also told me he cures so many disease like Hepatitis, cancer Influenza, coronary artery, lower respiratory infections,Trachea, bronchus, HIV/AIDS, HPV, Herpes, Kidney failure, Arthritis, Diabetes, Hypertension, Stroke, Obesity, Infertility/Impotency, Cancer, Eye Problem, Skin Problem, Fibroid Tumor, Ulcer, Asthma, , Gonorrhea/Staphylococcus, Candide, contact this doc. Via his direct WhatsApp number +2347030936239. Or mail him. dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Hello! I have JME and am trying to get off my medicine so I can one day go to the army. Will a raw diet or the GARD diet help provide the right fuel to my brain so I can get off my medicine? I know JME is slightly different as it is hereditary and well controlled by medicine but I can't be on medicine in the army. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS FOR THE GREAT DEED HE HAVE DON FOR MY FAMILY.This information will be useful for Epilepsy patients who is willing to use herbal medicine. My daughter had temporal lobe epilepsy, She had seizure and had a grand mal with rage episode. Our daughter's seizure is constant throughout the day. We had used several medicine which include: Epilim and Keppra, experience seizure control at the cost of serious debilitating side effects. It was during a casual conversation with a friend that I learned about herbal Dr. William,who uses herbal medicine in curing people from epilepsy,i was so glad to contact him on his email and make an order for his medication, it does not have any side effect. I am so glad to say that she has been seizure-free since July 2015 after taking William medicine. this a miracle cure?contact him for more detail (drwilliams098675@gmail.com) thanks once again admin for such an informative blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PLEASE READ AND SHARE HERPES CURE

      Am from north Carolina, United state. I caught genital herpes from my ex boyfriend who never had any symptoms of herpes . I had it for 4 years ,and it has affected my life before i got cured. People think herpes is really a minor skin irritation, herpes has a long term effects on health. The stigma attached to this virus by ignorant people is ridiculous. Most people have herpes in one form or another. I would like to advise people on how i got rid of my herpes by using Dr Chukwu Madu herbal medicine. i saw comment posted by a woman from Ireland on internet that she got rid of her herpes and fibroid with the help of doctor Chukwu Madu i was so happy when i saw that post.i quickly collected the doctor's contact email and i email him.  within 2 hr he respond to my email. i explained things to him and he told me not to worried that he will help me. i ordered for his medicine product wish was sent to me via DHL that was how i got the herbal medicine.and i used it as i was told for the period of 12 days .after 2 weeks i found out that the  herpes was no more and this was also confirmed by my doctor.if you have herpes or other similar disease and you want it cure,kindly contact doctor Chukwu Madu via this email dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com ( call or whatsapp the Dr +2347030936239.

      Delete
  4. How to Join Illuminati and become rich and famous
    How to Join Illuminati in UK
    How to Join Illuminati in Kenya
    How to Join Illuminati in USA
    How to Join Illuminati in South Africa
    How to Join Illuminati in India
    How to Join Illuminati in Pakistan
    How to The Illuminati in Australia
    How to Join Illuminati in Malaysia
    How to Join Illuminati in Ghana
    How to Join Illuminati in Nairobi
    How to Join Illuminati in Zambia
    How to Join Illuminati in Nigeria HOW to Join Illuminati in Namibia HOW to Join Illuminati in Botswana HOW to Join Illuminati in Europe
    How to Join Illuminati for Wealth
    How to Join Illuminati and become Rich
    How to Join Illuminati for Fame and powers We Welcome any one how make up his hart desire to join the society, you must have good reputation to approve,E.g,politicians,pastors,business man or woman,celebrities,professional teacher,or working class,your talent must be connected to it as wall in other to welcome you to the great illuminati brotherhood society,after the due coronation to make you a full member,them it we enable us empower you with more wealth,with the POT of riches that we be given to you as well,what of billions of USD dollars,after them we back it up with powers,once we make you a full member,them you knows what we are talking about,that is the major reason why illuminati is only main for people who have good reputation to shows as well,any interested one should Email us on,illuminatiworldoder664@gmail.com for immediate answer call mr timothy on +2349035324155 or whatsapp him,again you must be above 21 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr. Chukwu madu herbal home you are a saviour. I am Happy to be writing this article in here, i am here to explore blogs forum about the wonderful and most safe cure for HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS . I was positive to the deadly Virus called HERPES and i lost hope completely because i was rejected even by my closet friends. i searched online to know and inquire about cure for HERPES and i saw Dr. Chukwu madu testimony online on how he was cured so many persons from Herpes Disease so i decided to contact the great herbalist because i know that nature has the power to heal everything. i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via FEDEX or DHL or UPS and it got to me after 4 days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! its really like a dream but i'm so happy! that's the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more people can be saved just like me! and if you need his help,contact his Email: (dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com) you can contact him on mobile number +2347030936239

    He have the herb to cure difference cure for any sickness

    (1) HERPES,

    (2) DIABETES,

    (3) HIV&AIDS,

    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,

    (5) HEPATITIS B,

    (6) IMPOTENCE,

    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY

    (8) DIARRHEA

    (9) ASTHMA...

    ReplyDelete
  6. PLEASE READ AND SHARE HERPES CURE

    Am from north Carolina, United state. I caught genital herpes from my ex boyfriend who never had any symptoms of herpes . I had it for 4 years ,and it has affected my life before i got cured. People think herpes is really a minor skin irritation, herpes has a long term effects on health. The stigma attached to this virus by ignorant people is ridiculous. Most people have herpes in one form or another. I would like to advise people on how i got rid of my herpes by using Dr Chukwu Madu herbal medicine. i saw comment posted by a woman from Ireland on internet that she got rid of her herpes and fibroid with the help of doctor Chukwu Madu i was so happy when i saw that post.i quickly collected the doctor's contact email and i email him.  within 2 hr he respond to my email. i explained things to him and he told me not to worried that he will help me. i ordered for his medicine product wish was sent to me via DHL that was how i got the herbal medicine.and i used it as i was told for the period of 12 days .after 2 weeks i found out that the  herpes was no more and this was also confirmed by my doctor.if you have herpes or other similar disease and you want it cure,kindly contact doctor Chukwu Madu via this email dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com ( call or whatsapp the Dr +2347030936239.

    ReplyDelete