Sunday, June 14, 2009


Ode to thy bagel.

How I love you, Bagel
In the morning at sunrise.
Your greeting with coffee
brings light to my eyes.

So long have I been with you
Even across land and sea
It seems strange I must leave you
Strange that you're bad for me.

I can't write more - it's much to emotional. You see, I recently had a breakout of eczema on my hand between the webs of my fingers. Eczema, allergies, asthma and epilepsy have a strange relationship to each other. One only needs to do a few Pubmed searches to explore the odd correlations and doctors I have talked to say they see the relationship commonly. More children with epilepsy seem to also have more allergies and eczema. It's known that suppression of eczema with steroids can increase the incidence of asthma. Perhaps it's not a coincidence that these conditions are often treated with the same anti-inflammatory nutrients & herbs.

I have to have science to back things up if I am to change my life drastically, BUT since we know very little in the realm of neurology, I don't discredit theories unproven to science snobs.

Sadly, the magical eight ball of life seems to be replying to my question if I should pursue this change with, "Signs point to yes."

PLUS I had amazing doubled over pain from my ileocecal valve. That's the valve that separates your large and small intestines in your right lower section of your abdomen. It prevents backflow and is easily irritated. Apparently not a fan of my recent dietary habits.

The Lancet journal came out with a study about gluten and neurological disorders recently. They lumped neurological disorders into one mysterious camp with epilepsy being one of the conditions. Gluten seems to be a trendy dietary alteration these days, so I'm cautious about the validity... alas, the research showed that 50% of the neurological problems got better by coming off of gluten.

Gluten is in everything. Gluten, corn, soy, sugar and milk are the staples of the American diet. Guess what literature and research shows about what a person with epilepsy should try giving up. Gluten, sugar and milk are the big ones I've found so far. One thing at a time.

The eczema, an intensely itchy rash that causes me to ponder gnawing my hand off, is also most likely related to detoxification. I recently started taking milk thistle and dandelion supplements along with nightly castor oil packs to my liver, (forcing me to relax for an hour every night), that I suspect of starting the whole thing. The reaction is going away on its own after halting gluten and the detoxification regimen.

This is no time to have a healing crisis. I have 2 weeks of finals ahead of me.

The first set of board exams are this summer. Many students study for 8 hours a day for 2 months nearly every day of the week. Residency and being a more efficient doctor hinges on integrating all the medical information we've learned in the past 2 years. I could easily say that this isn't the time to come off of gluten because it's much too difficult when I'm under pressure.

Spoken like a true addict.

3 comments:

  1. HOW I GOT CURED FROM MY HIV/HPV VIRUS) CURING HERPES IN FEW DAYS.

    I was diagnosed of HSV 1&2 in 2012 and I have tried all possible means to get cured but all to no avail, i used vaccines and oils etc but i was not cured, the symptoms just leave for few weeks and come back again more severe. it continued this way until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbal doctor from West Africa Dr.Chukwu who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including herpes simplex virus. At first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try, when i contact this herbal doctor via his email: dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com, he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me via courier service, when i received this herbal medicine after 4 days, he gave me instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, started noticing good changes in me from the first 8 days of applying it and i was cured of this hsv1& 2 within total 3 weeks of usage. I am now free from the virus, i was tested negative. He also told me he cures so many disease like Hepatitis, cancer Influenza, coronary artery, lower respiratory infections,Trachea, bronchus, HIV/AIDS, HPV, Herpes, Kidney failure, Arthritis, Diabetes, Hypertension, Stroke, Obesity, Infertility/Impotency, Cancer, Eye Problem, Skin Problem, Fibroid Tumor, Ulcer, Asthma, , Gonorrhea/Staphylococcus, Candide, contact this doc. Via his direct WhatsApp number +2347030936239. Or mail him. dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Chukwu madu herbal home you are a saviour. I am Happy to be writing this article in here, i am here to explore blogs forum about the wonderful and most safe cure for HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS . I was positive to the deadly Virus called HERPES and i lost hope completely because i was rejected even by my closet friends. i searched online to know and inquire about cure for HERPES and i saw Dr. Chukwu madu testimony online on how he was cured so many persons from Herpes Disease so i decided to contact the great herbalist because i know that nature has the power to heal everything. i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via FEDEX or DHL or UPS and it got to me after 4 days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! its really like a dream but i'm so happy! that's the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more people can be saved just like me! and if you need his help,contact his Email: (dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com) you can contact him on mobile number +2347030936239

    He have the herb to cure difference cure for any sickness

    (1) HERPES,

    (2) DIABETES,

    (3) HIV&AIDS,

    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,

    (5) HEPATITIS B,

    (6) IMPOTENCE,

    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY

    (8) DIARRHEA

    (9) ASTHMA...

    ReplyDelete
  3. PLEASE READ AND SHARE HERPES CURE

    Am from north Carolina, United state. I caught genital herpes from my ex boyfriend who never had any symptoms of herpes . I had it for 4 years ,and it has affected my life before i got cured. People think herpes is really a minor skin irritation, herpes has a long term effects on health. The stigma attached to this virus by ignorant people is ridiculous. Most people have herpes in one form or another. I would like to advise people on how i got rid of my herpes by using Dr Chukwu Madu herbal medicine. i saw comment posted by a woman from Ireland on internet that she got rid of her herpes and fibroid with the help of doctor Chukwu Madu i was so happy when i saw that post.i quickly collected the doctor's contact email and i email him.  within 2 hr he respond to my email. i explained things to him and he told me not to worried that he will help me. i ordered for his medicine product wish was sent to me via DHL that was how i got the herbal medicine.and i used it as i was told for the period of 12 days .after 2 weeks i found out that the  herpes was no more and this was also confirmed by my doctor.if you have herpes or other similar disease and you want it cure,kindly contact doctor Chukwu Madu via this email dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com ( call or whatsapp the Dr +2347030936239.

    ReplyDelete